Are you unable to open JPEG/JPG photos on photos App on Windows 10? Not able to view JPG file in image viewer on Windows 10 ? This is turned out to be one of the most problematic issue after users upgrade their Windows version to Windows 10. some users complained that their JPG file was opening fine until they were using their previous Windows version but as soon as they upgraded to Windows 10. We need to understand what actually is the real reason as to why Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File? There can be certain glitch or technical issues in Photos App which might lead to crashing of Photos App.
Reasons as to Why Windows 10 Can't Open JPG File
- improper installation or flaw while installing Windows 10
- Obsolete JPEG photo viewer
- JPG/JPEF file might be corrupted
- Issue of software conflict
- Wrong file extension: You can rename the file as .jpg / .jpeg file extension at the end if its not there.
How To Fix Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File Issue
First of all you need to update Photos App in Windows 10, if the app is outdated it will face problem of crashing and would fail in Windows 10 and can't Open JPG file. Follow the steps as mentioned below to update the Photos app on Windows 10.
- Open Windows 10 PC and Go to Start > settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Now select Photos app by clicking on the check box next to it
- You need to check for updates, if there are any updates available kindly Click on Install Update
- You need to wait and let updates get installed.
- Now restart the Windows 10 Computer
Now Open the JPEG/JPG file using Photos app. This will fix Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File Issue. However if the issue still exists, then users need to opt for JPG Repair Software as it is the most reliable tool to repair corrupt, damaged, missing .jpg/ .jpeg files on Windows including Win 10.
Make sure you handle Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File well
if you are in a situation where you want to go for solution of Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File, then you need to look out for the best possible ways to solve the issue related to Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File. These are the common problems which we come across in our day to day life. With advancement in technology and shortage of time, people are in hurry and unwillingly do some mistakes which leads photo, video, audio loss and they land in situations like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File. Corrupted photos, videos are common problems now a days. People can accidentally delete their valuable photos and videos. What to do in those situations when you are looking for the solution of Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File? First of all you don’t need to panic. There is solution for every problem and a perfect solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File is also present. If talking about manual methods then only prior backup or recent backup to your computer for all photos and videos can bail you out from Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File situation. But if you don’t have backup then you can go for paid photo recovery software for windows and MAC system, which can handle Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File efficiently and help you in getting your corrupted, deleted or damaged photo, video back. This photo recovery software is best in the market and used by best photographers in case of deleted, corrupted photos, to recover them back. So if you want solution for the problem like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File, then you must consider this photo recovery software.
Why Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File like situation happened ?
- There can be situations where you forcefully unmount your memory card. The improper handling of Memory card in the camera can lead you to find solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- In some situations when your SD card is heated or get watered you can lose all your stored photos, videos in it. You will then have to find solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- Virus or malware attack on SD cards can cause Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File situations.
- When you tend to click photos very rapidly without giving enough time to get written then your card may get corrupted and you can lose your photos.
- When battery of the camera is dying, then also you keep on clicking the photos then your memory card can get corrupt.
- Camera gives warning like “Memory Full”, you should stop clicking in those scenario, if not then you will in situation like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- Using the same SD card in different cameras without properly formatting it, can cause SD card corruption.
- At times people accidentally deletes their photos.
- Some times when you store photos/videos on your laptop/desktop due to bad sector in hard disk you can face situations like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File.
- Due to failure of your system hard drive too you can lose your valuable photos or videos.
Common errors which can be avoided to prevent Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
You are here because you are searching solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File. Imagine if this would not have happened. Yes this can be avoided by following some simple prevention steps. People are becoming careless day by day and due to their simple mistakes, they lose all their photos and videos. It’s easier to say that you have solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File but it will cost you. So if you can just keep in mind some common things then you can save your energy and time, you will keep all your photos safe. Let’s see what all you can do to be not in situation like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File:
- When you are clicking photos in your camera then it’s the single copy you have. So if you need to change the card or battery , proper switch of the camera and you can avoid the photo loss.
- Never forcefully take out memory card from the camera, it will save you from looking out solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- while taking out memory card from laptop, you should always use “safely remove hardware”
- Don’t use “delete all ” button in Camera unless and until you have transferred all photos on your system.
- Never click photos , when your battery is showing running low or when your camera shows Memory Full. This will not lead to problems like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- Always avoid using memory card from which you have accidentally deleted pictures or videos, once you use it , old photos will get overwritten and you won’t be able to recover it.
These are some major things which you can take care of in future. If you follow these rules there are chances that you won’t be in situation where you will have to check for solutions regarding Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File.
There are some common errors which can give you an idea that your photos are lost. These error messages are related to SD cards such as:
- SD card unexpectedly removed.
- SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it.
- Read / Write error on SD card.
- Blank SD card SD card is blank or has unsupported file system.
- “Cannot Format SD Card”
- SD Card Not Formatted Error and RAW File System:
- “SD Card Cannot Be Detect by PC”
- Few other types Errors on SD Card
These errors can lead you to problems like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File.
Perfect & best solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
We will now discuss the best photo recovery software which recovers lost photos, videos & music files. It’s the most advanced and effective software to recover photos, videos and music file from accidental deletions, corruption or formatting. It will give you solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File to recover lost & corrupted photos and videos. Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File software provides you options to recover photos and videos from digital camera, SD cards, Memory cards, external storage, USB sticks and hard drives. It supports recovery of more than 100 multimedia file types. It supports all the major camera like GoPro, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Kodak, Leica, Sony, lexar and many more. Your problem like Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File can be easily solved by our photo recovery software. It scans your memory card or hard disk and gives you preview of all the deleted photos, video or music fine. Once you see the preview , you can select the photos and recover them back. It can be said that an instant solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File problem , can be easily achieved by this photo recovery software. It’s highly popular in the world and people are relying on this photo recovery software to get back their corrupted or deleted photos.
Best Features of & benefits of using photo recovery software for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- It supports all digital camera, SD cards, Memory Cards, Hard drive, Tablets and mobile phones
- If you are getting CRC error , then it can be easily solved by the software.
- It can recover severely damaged/corrupted or formatted photos, videos.
- It recovers all raw and image formats in addition to video and audio.
- you can preview all photos recovered and then select which you want to get recovered.
- You have various options like advanced, quick and full scan to get the best results for solution of Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- It is compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11, Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8, Lion 10.7, Snow Leopard 10.6
- It supports recovery from different file systems as HFSX, HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT etc.
- It also recovers lost or deleted MXF movies, HD-MOV and Adobe EPS files
- It also recovers photos from encrypted hard drives and for unicode files.
- The interface is highly user friendly to get the perfect solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
- You can add new file types , if you don’t find it in supported file formats.
- You can download the trial version to check, it really works or not for getting solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File
These benefits and features make this photo recovery software a unique and perfect solution for your Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File problem. People who have suffered from corrupted photo or video loss , always prefer to go with this photo recovery software. It won’t disappoint you in any way. You must be thinking is there any disadvantage of the software which I am not discussing.
To tell you the truth there is no disadvantage of the software. it has got wonderful ratings from all the digital agencies, to tackle the problems relating to Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File. But surely we can say that it has one limitation. And the limitation is that:
Trial version of the software will only provide you the preview of photos recovered. IT will provide you the solution for Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File by showing the preview of recovered photos. But you won’t be able to recover those photos. To recover your corrupted / deleted/ formatted photos and videos you will need to buy the license of the Photo recovery software.
Let see how to Run the photo recovery software to solve Windows 10 Can’t Open JPG File issue:
Step : 1 After Downloading and Installing Photo Recovery Software on Windows, the first screen will appear like this. Users need to click and select on recover photo, video and audio options to recover files.
Step: 2 The desired volume is to be selected to recover photos, videos and other media files.
Step: 3 The software will search and enlist files with scan in progress status
Step: 4 Once scanning is completed, the images and all other files will be listed in drive and volumes.
Step: 5 List of views of the image files can be changed
Step: 6 You need to purchase the paid version of the software to recover and save the lost, deleted and corrupted photos to the desired destination.
Step: 1 Download and install Photo Recovery Software on Mac and then Click on Recover photo, audio and video option to recover photos and other files.
Step: 2 All the drives and media volume will be listed. Select the drive from the list and click on scan now option to start the scanning process.
Step: 3 This will start the scan and will show the progress bar
Step: 4 Once the scan is completed, select the photos and other files that is to be recovered. Click on recover button after selecting the desired images or other files.
Step: 5 Preview of the image to be recovered will be shown
Step: 6 Select the desired location where the lost, deleted or corrupted images is to be saved on Mac
Stellar Phoenix performs recovery from following laptops – Dell Vostro Core i3 4th Gen – (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Linux) 3558 Laptop(15.6 inch- Black), Dell Inspiron Core i5 5th Gen – (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 8 Pro/2 GB Graphics) 5558 Business Laptop(15.6 inch- Black- 2.22 kg), Lenovo Core i5 7th Gen – (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Yoga 720 2 in 1 Laptop(13 inch- Platinum- 1.25 kg), MSI GP Core i7 7th Gen – (16 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics) GP62MVR 7RFX-1002IN Gaming Laptop(15.6 inch- Black- 2.2 kg), Acer Pentium Quad Core 4th Gen – (4 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 10 Home) Z1402 Laptop(14 inch- Black- 1.77 kg), Acer Swift 3 Core i3 6th Gen – (4 GB/128 GB SSD/Linux) SF314-51 Laptop(14 inch- SIlver- 1.5 kg), Lenovo IP500 Core i5 6th Gen – (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) 14ISK Laptop(14.0 inch- Black- 2.1 kg), Toshiba Satellite C850-E0010 Laptop (Celeron Dual Core/ 2GB/ 320GB/ No OS)(15.6 inch- Textured Black With Crossline Pattern- 2.3 kg), RDP ThinBook Atom Quad Core 7th Gen – (2 GB/32 GB EMMC Storage/Windows 10) 1110 2 in 1 Laptop(11.6 inch- Black- 1.25 kg), HP Core i5 6th Gen – (4 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) 15-ay011TX Laptop(15.6 inch- Turbo SIlver- 2.19 kg), Lenovo z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429607)(15.6 inch)