I am unable to view hidden media files in USB Drive since yesterday night i connected my pen drive to laptop for viewing all the saved photos I was shocked. As I opened it was not able to see any of the saved pictures. The folder was empty. I really don't know what was wrong with the USB drive? All those missing images are essential for me. Is there anyone who can suggest me how to view the hidden media files in USB drive? Please Help Me………..
Today the USB drive is mostly used for storing any kind of data, transferring of different files, backup etc. Hence, it is the most common problem experienced by the users for USB drives which is not showing any of the media files in the Windows PC. But before trying to recovery solution you must understand the possible reasons for missing of files from the USB drives. Therefore keep reading this reading this blog carefully for knowing the effective ways to show the hidden media files in USB drive.
Reasons Why All Media Files of USB Drive Are Hidden?
There is great possibility of photo loss due to the media files of USB drives goes hidden. Some of them are as listed below:
- If your USB drive got infected with a severe malware attacks while transferring of data from the system which is not having the updated antivirus software. Due to this virus attacks the data is entirely inaccessible and are even hidden.
- Because of any human error the media files that are saved on the USB drives are completely hidden.
If you are facing any kind of disastrous situation of missing files and wondering how to show hidden media files of USB drives. Then no need to be worried because here are providing several effective guidelines to regain the hidden media files of USB drives within simple steps. So, try to follow all the instructions properly.
Proper Guide To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
I Method–Using Control Panel- For finding all the files that are stored on the USB drive by using the Control Panel. Try the following steps:
Step.1- First of all press Windows key and type Control Panel then press Enter.
Step.2- Now at the windows of control panel click on “Appearance and Personalization.”
Step.3- At the File Explorer Options click on link of Show Hidden Files and Folders.
Step.4- Then scroll down and un-check the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
Step.5- At the Warning message box, Click on Yes, then hit OK.
If you are not able to see the hidden media files in USB drive then try another way suggested as below.
II Method–Using Command Prompt- For un-hiding the media files from USB drives by using the Command Prompt. Try using the following steps as given below:
Step.1- First of all press Windows+R keys to open Run.
Step.2- Then type cmd and click OK or Enter key.
Step.3- At the command prompt type X: (x is the external storage drive) and then Enter
Step.4- On the prompt, type attrib -h -s/s/d then press Enter key.
Step.5- Now finally open the external USB drive to see the hidden files.
After using these steps if it is not showing the hidden media files in USB drive then try some other methods.
III Method–Using Google Chrome- For getting all the hidden media files from the external USB drives by using the Google Chrome. Then try following all the steps as listed below:
Step.1- Begin by connecting the external USB drive to the computer system.
Step.2- Try to remember the storage device drive.
Step.3- Now open the Google Chrome and at the address bar type file:///x: (x is the external storage drive) and press Enter. It will display all the files that are present on the USB derives including all hidden or unhidden files.
If you tried this solution but then also not able to show the hidden media files in USB drive. Then go for another method.
IV Method–Using File Explorer- To unhide the media files from USB drives by using file explorer. Try to follow all the steps
Step.1- At the File Explorer go to View at the Menu bar.
Step.2- Now check the Hidden Items checkbox. Then click on the options.
Step.3- Then select Change folder and search options.
Step.4- At the folder option dialog box click on View
Step.5- Now under the Advanced Settings section scroll down to un-check Hide protection Operating System files (Recommended).
Step.6- At the warning message box, click on Yes. Then hit OK button.
Now hopefully all the files that are hidden will re-appear on the USB drive. After trying any of the suggested ways.
V Method–Using Additional Tips-
- Try to always have a backup of all the crucial files just to avoid such type of data loss.
- You can always scan the USB drives before transferring any kind of data from the computer system.
- Always keep your anti-malware programs of updated versions for avoiding any harmful malware attacks.
Therefore, by using any of the above suggested troubleshooting solutions you can be able to easily un-hide all the hidden media files of USB drives. If you had lost some of the essential data from the USB drives then try to recover them by using a reliable Digital Photo Recovery Tool which is the efficient way to retrieve all the lost data because of the hidden media files in USB drive.
Make sure you handle To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive well
if you are in a situation where you want to go for solution of To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive, then you need to look out for the best possible ways to solve the issue related to To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive. These are the common problems which we come across in our day to day life. With advancement in technology and shortage of time, people are in hurry and unwillingly do some mistakes which leads photo, video, audio loss and they land in situations like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive. Corrupted photos, videos are common problems now a days. People can accidentally delete their valuable photos and videos. What to do in those situations when you are looking for the solution of To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive? First of all you don’t need to panic. There is solution for every problem and a perfect solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive is also present. If talking about manual methods then only prior backup or recent backup to your computer for all photos and videos can bail you out from To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive situation. But if you don’t have backup then you can go for paid photo recovery software for windows and MAC system, which can handle To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive efficiently and help you in getting your corrupted, deleted or damaged photo, video back. This photo recovery software is best in the market and used by best photographers in case of deleted, corrupted photos, to recover them back. So if you want solution for the problem like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive, then you must consider this photo recovery software.
Why To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive like situation happened ?
- There can be situations where you forcefully unmount your memory card. The improper handling of Memory card in the camera can lead you to find solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- In some situations when your SD card is heated or get watered you can lose all your stored photos, videos in it. You will then have to find solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- Virus or malware attack on SD cards can cause To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive situations.
- When you tend to click photos very rapidly without giving enough time to get written then your card may get corrupted and you can lose your photos.
- When battery of the camera is dying, then also you keep on clicking the photos then your memory card can get corrupt.
- Camera gives warning like “Memory Full”, you should stop clicking in those scenario, if not then you will in situation like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- Using the same SD card in different cameras without properly formatting it, can cause SD card corruption.
- At times people accidentally deletes their photos.
- Some times when you store photos/videos on your laptop/desktop due to bad sector in hard disk you can face situations like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive.
- Due to failure of your system hard drive too you can lose your valuable photos or videos.
Common errors which can be avoided to prevent To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
You are here because you are searching solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive. Imagine if this would not have happened. Yes this can be avoided by following some simple prevention steps. People are becoming careless day by day and due to their simple mistakes, they lose all their photos and videos. It’s easier to say that you have solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive but it will cost you. So if you can just keep in mind some common things then you can save your energy and time, you will keep all your photos safe. Let’s see what all you can do to be not in situation like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive:
- When you are clicking photos in your camera then it’s the single copy you have. So if you need to change the card or battery , proper switch of the camera and you can avoid the photo loss.
- Never forcefully take out memory card from the camera, it will save you from looking out solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- while taking out memory card from laptop, you should always use “safely remove hardware”
- Don’t use “delete all ” button in Camera unless and until you have transferred all photos on your system.
- Never click photos , when your battery is showing running low or when your camera shows Memory Full. This will not lead to problems like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- Always avoid using memory card from which you have accidentally deleted pictures or videos, once you use it , old photos will get overwritten and you won’t be able to recover it.
These are some major things which you can take care of in future. If you follow these rules there are chances that you won’t be in situation where you will have to check for solutions regarding To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive.
There are some common errors which can give you an idea that your photos are lost. These error messages are related to SD cards such as:
- SD card unexpectedly removed.
- SD card is damaged. Try reformatting it.
- Read / Write error on SD card.
- Blank SD card SD card is blank or has unsupported file system.
- “Cannot Format SD Card”
- SD Card Not Formatted Error and RAW File System:
- “SD Card Cannot Be Detect by PC”
- Few other types Errors on SD Card
These errors can lead you to problems like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive.
Perfect & best solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
We will now discuss the best photo recovery software which recovers lost photos, videos & music files. It’s the most advanced and effective software to recover photos, videos and music file from accidental deletions, corruption or formatting. It will give you solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive to recover lost & corrupted photos and videos. To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive software provides you options to recover photos and videos from digital camera, SD cards, Memory cards, external storage, USB sticks and hard drives. It supports recovery of more than 100 multimedia file types. It supports all the major camera like GoPro, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Kodak, Leica, Sony, lexar and many more. Your problem like To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive can be easily solved by our photo recovery software. It scans your memory card or hard disk and gives you preview of all the deleted photos, video or music fine. Once you see the preview , you can select the photos and recover them back. It can be said that an instant solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive problem , can be easily achieved by this photo recovery software. It’s highly popular in the world and people are relying on this photo recovery software to get back their corrupted or deleted photos.
Best Features of & benefits of using photo recovery software for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- It supports all digital camera, SD cards, Memory Cards, Hard drive, Tablets and mobile phones
- If you are getting CRC error , then it can be easily solved by the software.
- It can recover severely damaged/corrupted or formatted photos, videos.
- It recovers all raw and image formats in addition to video and audio.
- you can preview all photos recovered and then select which you want to get recovered.
- You have various options like advanced, quick and full scan to get the best results for solution of To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP
- It is compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11, Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8, Lion 10.7, Snow Leopard 10.6
- It supports recovery from different file systems as HFSX, HFS, HFS+, NTFS, FAT etc.
- It also recovers lost or deleted MXF movies, HD-MOV and Adobe EPS files
- It also recovers photos from encrypted hard drives and for unicode files.
- The interface is highly user friendly to get the perfect solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
- You can add new file types , if you don’t find it in supported file formats.
- You can download the trial version to check, it really works or not for getting solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive
These benefits and features make this photo recovery software a unique and perfect solution for your To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive problem. People who have suffered from corrupted photo or video loss , always prefer to go with this photo recovery software. It won’t disappoint you in any way. You must be thinking is there any disadvantage of the software which I am not discussing.
To tell you the truth there is no disadvantage of the software. it has got wonderful ratings from all the digital agencies, to tackle the problems relating to To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive. But surely we can say that it has one limitation. And the limitation is that:
Trial version of the software will only provide you the preview of photos recovered. IT will provide you the solution for To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive by showing the preview of recovered photos. But you won’t be able to recover those photos. To recover your corrupted / deleted/ formatted photos and videos you will need to buy the license of the Photo recovery software.
Let see how to Run the photo recovery software to solve To Show Hidden Media Files In USB Drive issue:
Step : 1 After Downloading and Installing Photo Recovery Software on Windows, the first screen will appear like this. Users need to click and select on recover photo, video and audio options to recover files.
Step: 2 The desired volume is to be selected to recover photos, videos and other media files.
Step: 3 The software will search and enlist files with scan in progress status
Step: 4 Once scanning is completed, the images and all other files will be listed in drive and volumes.
Step: 5 List of views of the image files can be changed
Step: 6 You need to purchase the paid version of the software to recover and save the lost, deleted and corrupted photos to the desired destination.
Step: 1 Download and install Photo Recovery Software on Mac and then Click on Recover photo, audio and video option to recover photos and other files.
Step: 2 All the drives and media volume will be listed. Select the drive from the list and click on scan now option to start the scanning process.
Step: 3 This will start the scan and will show the progress bar
Step: 4 Once the scan is completed, select the photos and other files that is to be recovered. Click on recover button after selecting the desired images or other files.
Step: 5 Preview of the image to be recovered will be shown
Step: 6 Select the desired location where the lost, deleted or corrupted images is to be saved on Mac
Stellar Phoenix performs recovery from following laptops – Lenovo G50-80 Core i3 4th Gen – (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) G50-80 Laptop(15.6 inch- Black- 2.5 kg), Asus A555LA Core i3 4th Gen – (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) XX1909D Laptop(15.6 inch- Black- 2.3 kg), Apple Macbook Pro Core i5 – (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Mac OS Sierra) MLH12HN/A(13 inch- SPace Grey- 1.37 kg), Asus X Series Pentium Quad Core 4th Gen – (2 GB/500 GB HDD/Windows 8 Pro) X200MA Business Laptop(11.6 inch- Black- 1.24 kg), HP Core i3 5th Gen – (4 GB/500 GB HDD/DOS/2 GB Graphics) 15-ac025TX Laptop(15.6 inch- Turbo SIlver Color With Diamond & Cross Brush Pattern- 2.19 kg), Asus EeeBook Celeron Dual Core – (2 GB/32 GB EMMC Storage/Windows 10 Home) E402SA-WX013T Laptop(14 inch- Dark Blue- 1.65 kg), Lenovo Ideapad Core i5 7th Gen – (8 GB/2 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) IP 320E-15IKB Laptop(15.6 inch- Platinum Grey- 2.2 kg), Lenovo Yoga 500 Core i7 5th Gen – (8 GB/1 TB HDD/8 GB SSD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) 500 2 in 1 Laptop(14 inch- White- 1.80 kg), Acer One Pentium Dual Core 4th Gen – (2 GB/500 GB HDD/Linux) P9L1 Laptop(14 inch- Black- 1.77 kg), HP Pavilion 15-p017TU Notebook (4th Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1) (J2C44PA)(15.6 inch- Imprint Natural SIlver Color With Texture Linear Pattern- 2.44 kg), Lenovo Core i5 7th Gen – (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 510 Laptop(15.6 inch- SIlver- 2.2 kg)